Hi everyone – Our October newsletter is out and full of great info! This month we’re focused on Breast Cancer Awareness and Breast Health.
Included in this issue are my Top 10 Tips for Breast Health.
Pam’s Top 10 Tips for Breast Health
- Reduce stress – prolonged stress is a risk factor for many cancers but especially breast cancer.
- Sleep is important! Ask us how you can get better sleep!
- Eat cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and kale can improve detoxification and the elimination of hormones such as estrogens.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Decrease your sugar intake and limit your alcohol. Alcohol turns into sugar in your body.
- Limit your intake of hormone laden meats and dairy. Buy organic as much as you can afford.
- Get some exercise – 30 to 45 minutes three to four times a week.
- Consider these supplements – 1-3-C, EstroDIM, Milk Thistle, Fiber, Tumeric, Vitamin D.
- Don’t smoke!
- Do your monthly self breast exam.
For more information about preventing breast cancer, check out this article from our friends at ZRT Laboratory.